Counselling in Salisbury, New Forest and Christchurch
Inspiring ChangesHelping You Change Your Life
This form of counselling assists in identifying what changes you would like in your life in order to reach your goal and helps you find objectives or ways to achieve those changes and resolve the problems.
Lengthy analysis of your past is not required. Instead we look at what’s happening in the present and what sort of changes need to be made to enable you to have the future you desire. It works on the basis that change is occurring all the time and that small changes lead to big changes. You have all you need to solve your problem.
The therapy will allow you to focus on solutions rather than the problems themselves and as such, will highlight your strengths and competencies instead of any perceived deficits, weaknesses and limitations.
Clearly defined goals are identified at the start so that we both know what you intend to achieve and can therefore identify when counselling is no longer necessary.
Solution-Focused Counselling is also known as Solution-Focused Brief Therapy or just Brief Therapy. It is a humanistic therapy, focusing on slef-development and improvement and was developed by Steve de Shazer and Insoo Kim Berg.
1) The approach is based on the following:
2) Change is constant and certain;
3) Emphasis is on what is changeable and possible;
4) Clients must want to change;
5) Clients are the experts and must outline their own goals;
6) Clients already have their own resources and strengths, to solve and overcome their problems;
7) Therapy is short term; and
8) The focus is on the future – client’s history is not a key part of the therapy.
Woodland View, Loosehanger,
Lover, Wiltshire, SP5 2PS.
M-F: 9.00am – 4.30pm